Office Manager & Executive Pastoral Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director of Operations
Description Last Updated: June 7, 2021
Park Church exists to make disciples of Jesus for the glory of God and the joy of all people. The Operations department exists to create clear, compelling communication—both internally and externally—and to ensure that we steward our finances and property to the glory of God. The Community & Formation department exists to equip the saints in the work of the ministry.
This position includes two distinct roles, Office Manager and Executive Pastoral Assistant. The Office Manager fostersrole is designed to foster an environment of hospitality and oversees daily administrative tasks in the office for both staff and guests. The Executive Pastoral Assistant assists the Executive Pastor in fulfilling many different administrative responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Pastor.
Office Manager (~20 hours)
Communication and Correspondence
- Responds to voicemails from the Park Church phone number (between normal business hours of 8am–5pm)
- Manages the primary, catch-all church email: firstname.lastname@example.org by responding to emails or forwarding them to appropriate person.
- Answers building doors when the bell rings
- Prints and cuts communication docs (bulletins, worship guides, etc.)
- Manages contact cards and prayer cards from Sundays
- Plans Staff events for Celebrations (Birthdays, Work/Marriage Anniversaries, New Babies) and Losses (Deaths, etc.)
Building Usage and Office Space
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of the office (including hallways, bathrooms, and common spaces)
- Coordinates and sets up building spaces for usage by partner organizations
- Coordinates with cleaning contractors
- Orders supplies for office (coffee, snacks, paper, ink, office supplies, cleaning supplies, Sunday hospitality supplies)
- Sorts and Processes Mail
- Coordinates group meals for staff events (bagels, etc.)
- Coordinate Sunday SetUp and Tear Down Teams
- Prepare for Sunday Service
- Assist with Park Kids Admin tasks
Other Tasks as assigned by Director of Operations
Executive Pastor Admin (~20 hours)
More info to follow
Particular Skills Required:
- Prioritizing projects and tasks; excellent time management and organizational skills
- Motivated by completing a daily list of tasks
- Friendly—conveys a welcoming and helpful attitude towards visitors, callers, etc.
- Handles sensitive issues and maintains necessary confidentiality regarding church related information
- Ability to Implement and develop general office duties and protocols consistent with Park Church’s ethos and goals
- Communicates winsomely and develops positive, loyal relationships with others
Expectations and Compensation
- 40 hours per week
- Salary and Benefits
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.