STUDENT MINISTRY DIRECTOR
Team: Family Ministry
Reports to: Director of Family Ministry
Description Last Updated: January 4, 2021
The Student Ministry Director is a leadership position that supports the mission and values of Park Church by carrying out the vision of Park Teens under the direction of the Director of Family Ministry. The primary areas of responsibility include (1) program coordination and teaching (2) community shepherding (3) leading volunteers, and (4) communicating on behalf of Park Teens.
The Student Ministry Director brings leadership to Park Teens that provides a dynamic discipleship journey for middle school and high school students (both churched and unchurched), brings support to parents as the primary disciple-makers of their teens, and leads volunteers as they serve and love these families.
Program Coordination and Teaching
- Oversee, build, plan, and execute Park teens programing: Sunday study, weeknight gathering, monthly events, camps/retreats, and mission opportunities
- Work with the Director of Family Ministry to create trimester calendars of teaching and events and communicate it with staff, volunteers, parents, and students
- Provide weekly, Gospel-centered teaching which contains specific examples of relevant teenage applications for (grades 6–12)
- Work with Director of Music & Prayer to plan rhythms of worship for gatherings through song, prayer, response stations, etc
- Provide age-appropriate small group questions aimed towards real-life application and transformation
- Create or curate “Grow On Your Own” resources for students to use throughout the week
- Invests relationally with students and uses relational knowledge to drive direction for teaching and programming
- Invests relationally with parents of students to build rapport and to empower parents as the primary disciplers of their teens. Acts as a bridge between Park Church and parents
- Invests relationally with all Park Teens volunteers
- Brings a leadership and relational presence on school campuses, sporting events, and community events
- Builds rapport within the Denver metro area to evangelistically grow our outreach presence as a church to students
- Provide care and direction for volunteers as individual disciples of Jesus and disciplemakers of teens.
- Train volunteers to take ownership in aspects of the teen ministry.
- Seek out feedback to guide and direct teen programing.
- Empower volunteers to relationally invest in students and their parents to make a larger impact.
- Bimonthly communication with parents about upcoming events and current teaching points.
- Weekly communication with volunteers about upcoming events, schedules, availabilities and ownership.
- Work with Director of Communication to communicate to entire church about Park Teens.
Knowledge & Skills
- Has obtained a Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience in a related field
- Possesses a deep passion for discipleship to Jesus in the lives of students
- Prior experience leading middle schoolers and high schoolers
- An understanding of cultural trends and issues impacting students today
- A philosophy of student ministry that values both deep discipleship and evangelistic programming
- Entrepreneurial and creative leadership qualities
- Experience recruiting and managing a volunteer team
- Ability to teach Biblical and theological truths in age appropriate ways
- Ability to handle sensitive issues, maintaining confidentiality regarding church information
- Ability to work with others and maintain positive, loyal relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences
- Work with integrity, discernment and wisdom with student relationships
Standing meeting requirements
- Sunday Services
- Tuesday Staff Meetings
- Family Ministry Team Meetings
- Meetings with Director of Family Ministry
Expectations & Compensation
- Help support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, and goals of Park Church in Park Teens.
- Adhere to the Park Church Staff Covenant.
- 40 hours per week
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.