Team: Community/Formation/Missions (CFM)
Hours: 20–25 per Week
Description Last Updated: October 19, 2022
The Community Coordinator is a leadership position that supports the mission and values of Park Church by working with the Director of CFM to oversee the general health, development, structures, and care of our Gospel Communities and encouraging community connection in our church.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Gospel Community Coaches and Leaders Care & Development
- Work with the CFM team, the Executive Pastor, and Elders to maintain a plan for effective care, equipping, and development for Gospel Community (GC) Leaders and Coaches
- Develop or oversee execution of Leader Discussion Guides and weekly communication
- Work with Coaches, Pastor of Care and Counseling, and lay counselors when necessary to address challenging situations
- Oversee systems of GC Leader care to ensure accountability for Coaches and Elders
2. New Leader Care and Development
- Host Gospel Community Leader Interest Gatherings with support from team and Coaches
- Process new GC Leader Applications and conduct In-Person Interviews
- Coordinate promotion of Interest Gatherings with the Director of Communications and Director of CFM
- Recruit, Train, and Develop new Gospel Community Coaches and Leaders
- Work with CFM Admin to set up new leaders on all platforms and connect them with their Shepherding Region Elders and Coaches
3. Connections Process & Other Formation
- Work with Formations Coordinator and CFM Admin to execute Community Connect classes
- Connect regularly with CFM Admin to supervise placements, re-assignments, group and leader transitions
4. Other Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Community & Formation Team to support other areas of the Park Church mission.
- Perform any other duties needed as part of the CFM Team
- Help to support and fulfill the mission, vision, core values, and ministry objectives of Park Church.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS:
- Position is approximately 20-25 hours per week.
- Affirms and supports Park Church’s theology, theological vision, values, and philosophy of ministry
- Proficiency in Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Familiarity with database software (ie. Church Community Builder)/li>
- Collaborative team player who is open to feedback
- Multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive issues, maintaining confidentiality regarding church information
- Available for necessary Sunday classes and events related to job responsibilities
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.